Home | Manny Pacquiao vs Ricky Hatton News | Pacman vs Hitman Videos | Pacquiao vs Hatton Pictures


Monday, February 23, 2009

Manny: Hatton will be harder to top than De La Hoya

Filipino boxing hero Manny Pacquiao admits that Britain's Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton is a tougher opponent than either David Diaz, whom he demolished in nine rounds or Oscar De La Hoya, who quit at the end of eight in December.

Pacquiao who flies to London and Manchester at the end of February to kick-start a promotional tour for their "Battle of East and West" in Las Vegas on May 2 said, "I consider this my hardest fight because Hatton doesn't know anything else other than to keep throwing punches."

Pacquiao said that in addition Hatton "is strong and an excellent boxer and I cannot be overconfident." He said "it's my honor to fight Hatton who is one of the great fighters and we will soon know who is the best on top of the ring."

Pacquiao stressed that he was both physically and mentally ready to take on Hatton would "train hard and I'm not nervous or afraid."

Source: foxsports.com

When reminded that he is considered the world's No.1 pound-for-pound fighter Pacquiao replied with a broad grin and said, "I am just an ordinary fighter but I can beat a good fighter" and then burst out laughing.

No comments: