Home | Manny Pacquiao vs Ricky Hatton News | Pacman vs Hitman Videos | Pacquiao vs Hatton Pictures


Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hitman unsure over future


Ricky Hatton has told Sky Sports that he intends to become the "greatest promoter in the world", even though he is still not sure if he will box again.

The Hitman saw his hopes of becoming the best pound-for-pound fighter disappear inside six minutes against Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas at the weekend.

A stunning stoppage loss saw the British boxer surrender his IBO light-welterweight title - and was quickly followed by talk of his retirement.

Still devastated at the outcome, Hatton admitted in an exclusive interview with Sky Sports News that he was yet to decide over whether to hang up his gloves or not.

Future plans

However, the Mancunian already has plans for a future outside the ring, insisting he will not "drift off into the distance" and leave the sport entirely.

"I really don't know at the minute because I never thought that (the second-round knockout) was going to happen," he said after being asked about his future in the ring.

"People are still going to see plenty of me. I'm going into promoting now and I've got a future with the youngsters. They are going to be fulfilling my dreams from here on in.

"I've worked with so many promoters and I believe I can do a great job at it. I believe I've been a great world champion, the best in the world. I believe I can be the greatest promoter in the world, that's the next avenue down which I'm going to go.

"But as far as physically boxing myself, I don't know what I'm going to do at the minute.

"I'm not going to drift off into the distance - boxing is my game. Sky Sports have been with me from absolutely day one. Whatever decision I make on my future Sky will be the first to know."

The 30-year-old believes the bout at the MGM Grand could have had a different outcome if he hadn't suffered such a horrendous start.

Pacquiao put him down twice in the opening round before finishing the fight just before the bell to end the second with a chilling left hook.

"If we'd have gone a few rounds it could have been different, but he caught me with practically the first punch he threw to be honest," Hatton insisted.

"I'd rather have been knocked out in two rounds than have somebody that has out-classed me for the full duration.

"I've lost twice and I've lost to the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world, it's not a bad way of looking at it, but I'm devastated.

"Maybe it could have been different, but that's boxing."

Support

Hatton - who had previously only suffered defeat at the hands of Floyd Mayweather Jnr - was quick to pay tribute to his army of supporters.

"I'm not going to say I'm the greatest British world champion we've ever had but one thing that isn't up for discussion is that there's never been a world champion from Great Britain that has had a fan base like Ricky Hatton," he added.

"In a credit crunch 30,000 people have come here this weekend. I think the most anyone else has ever had is 10,000. Nobody has ever had support like that.

"Whatever I decide to do, the following that I've had throughout my career has blown every other champion out of the water. For that I will be forever grateful."

Source: skysports.com

2 comments:

tita kay said...

I had a blast upon knowing the outcome of the fight. Manny Pacquiao and Fredie Roach were never given even an iota of respect by Mayweather Sr. and Hatton himself.

I'm just so proud of Manny, my compatriot, who remained humble during the pre-fight promotions and even afterwards. Manny never said demeaning words about Hatton, this despite being bellittled by the Hatton camp.

The only words Roach said was that Manny is going to KO Hatton in 3 rounds... and that Coach Fredie will be very disappointed with Manny if this does not happen. This surely shows that Coach Fredie really knows his fighter and the opponent very well.

Actually, Coach Fredie was wrong... Manny did it better as he finished off Hatton in just 5 mins and 59 seconds.

As we all know, Manny did his talking inside the ring.

AnD what of Mayweather and Hatton??? Well, they are now suffering of indigestion and diarhrea for having eaten their own words. HA HA HA

As between Floyd JR and Manny, I can say that the latter is a better fighter. Why? just loot as the last two fights: Floyd Jr. struggled against De La Hoya and won merely by decision. As against Hatton, Floyd Jr. needed 10rounds to finish the Briton off.

On the other hand, Manny reduced DLH like a little boy, with the latter waiving the white towel in only 8 rounds. Hatton was on dreamland before Round 2 ended.

What else is there to say??? Nothing more because the fight will speak for itself.

MABUHAY SI MANNY PACQUIAO; MABUHAY AND FILIPINO!!!

Anonymous said...

watch maany pacquiao vs Ricy Hatton fight at www.dudesky.sitesled.com