Home | Manny Pacquiao vs Ricky Hatton News | Pacman vs Hitman Videos | Pacquiao vs Hatton Pictures


Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ricky Hatton: " I Never Recovered From The First Punch"

Ricky Hatton says that he never recovered from the first punch that Manny Pacquiao was able to land last Saturday in Las Vegas, the counter right hand, that sent the Manchester fighter down for the first time in the fight, not long into the first round of their bout at the MGM Grand.

Pacquiao knocked him out cold in the second round. The first loss of his career, a tenth round TKO to Floyd Mayweather Jr in December 2007 was tough. The second loss is proving to be just as tough to take.

"I am absolutely devastated. My head is in bits. I didn’t think I could cry anymore than after the Floyd Mayweather Jnr loss, but I certainly have. Pacquiao knocked me down from practically the first punch he threw and I never recovered," Hatton told The Sun.

"Maybe my attitude was wrong because I always wear my heart on my sleeve and I was straight in there. Maybe if I had gone a few rounds I could have won, but there was nothing I could do about it. I have felt worse after hard 12-round fights, because it was over that quickly and physically I have never felt better."

It was said to the paper by Hatton's mother, that Ricky wants a farewell fight in England.

Source: boxingscene.com

No comments: