Home | Manny Pacquiao vs Ricky Hatton News | Pacman vs Hitman Videos | Pacquiao vs Hatton Pictures


Thursday, April 30, 2009

Pacquiao: My dad didn't eat my dog!



One of the more unusual stories doing the rounds in recent weeks was the tale that Manny Pacquiao took to boxing after his his father ate his dog. The tale goes that the 14-year-old Pacquiao ran away from home in General Santos City when his father killed and ate his pet, ending up in a Manila boxing gym.

But Pacquiao, 30, says the story is not true, although the poor pooch did meet an untimely end.

"I had a little dog, it got killed by a friend of my dad and then he ate it," Pacquiao said. "I was 12 years of age, it was a tough childhood."

**********

Talking of tall tales, Hatton has denied rumours that he had to stop sparring early because of an elbow injury that required a cortisone injection. "I'm in the shape of my life," Hatton said.

**********

Pacquiao will have a very special fan ringside for the first time on Saturday night, his mother Dionisia. "It’s the first time my mother ever comes to a fight," Pacquiao said. "It gives me even more inspiration to win. She’s scared to watch it live."

So what is the difference this time? "Confidence for this fight."

Source: timesonline

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pinoys are dog eaters!!!! hahaha

Anonymous said...

People eat cows, pigs, which is just as disgusting as dogs.

Anonymous said...

Dog's are man's best friends bar none. Sure, it is disgusting that humankind eats all kinds of animals. Then again, we are omnivorous and it will take many more millions of years to make the adaptive change, but I doubt it and I doubt we will even have humans on earth by then. The choice of meat eating animals like us should not be our best friend regardless of the fact that the meat industry slaughters, butchers, colors and makes meat attractive. We do have the palette for meat but I would starve before eating my dog or any one's dog for that matter. I pray that Mayweather is still in top shape and beats the dogcrap out of Pacquiao.
A final question: how does it feel to kiss and make love to one that kills and eats dogs versus one that eats a hamburger of bacon tomato sandwich?