Home | Manny Pacquiao vs Ricky Hatton News | Pacman vs Hitman Videos | Pacquiao vs Hatton Pictures


Sunday, April 26, 2009

Pacquiao expects familiar assault from Hatton


LAS VEGAS, Nevada (AFP) — Filipino star Manny Pacquiao expects trademark tenacity and firepower from Ricky Hatton when the two fighters meet next week even though the Englishman has touted changes in his style.
"I believe a fighter can change his style but not right away. It takes more time to change your style," Pacquiao said Friday in a conference call.
"In my career, I don't want to change my style. I just want to apply some techniques to improve my style. I believe I'm improving."
Pacquiao will fight Hatton in a junior welterweight showdown that is seen as a matchup of great global pound-for-pound stars even though no major crown is on the line.
Pacquiao, 48-3 with 36 knockouts, has been watching Hatton fight videos every night for the past month to learn as much as possible about his rival.
"He has a strong left hand. I have to take care of that and focus on that," Pacquiao said.
"I've studied a lot of techniques for him. I don't want to tell what. I want to surprise with what we have been doing in training now."
The Asian superstar sees the keys to the fight as "focus, don't be overconfident and give the best that I can."

Source: google.com

No comments: