Home | Manny Pacquiao vs Ricky Hatton News | Pacman vs Hitman Videos | Pacquiao vs Hatton Pictures


Monday, April 13, 2009

Pacquiao: KO not my game plan

MANILA, Philippines - Don't expect Manny Pacquiao to win by knockout over Ricky Hatton in their May 2 showdown in Las Vegas for the Briton’s WBO light welterweight title.

No, the pound-for-pound king has not lost his killer instinct. He just wants to concentrate on the fight and exploit Hatton’s weaknesses, which the Filipino said are aplenty.

“I expect him to be coming forward and fight toe-to-toe, and I like that,” Pacquiao told www.mirror.co.uk. “I’m not looking for a knockout.”

“I don’t want any distractions in my mind,” the Filipino superstar added.

Pacquiao expects Hatton to “walk into his shots because of his aggressive, come-forward style.

“We see a lot of weakness in Hatton,” Pacquiao claimed.

Hatton, in a conference call with reporters as reported by www.fighthype.com, points to two key factors for the fight: Technical skills and the fighter who goes backwards.

“Both of us don’t go backwards and that is the key to the fight,” Hatton said. “Whoever ends up going backwards is going to lose.”

He does fight toe-to-toe, Hatton said, but he also punches hard and has more technical know-how than the four-division champion.

“I’m showing technical ability that he didn’t think I had at first,” Hatton claimed. “That’s going to shock Manny more than the size and power aspect.”

Hatton credits Floyd Mayweather Sr., who replaced his long-time trainer Billy Graham, for his new strength.

“Floyd has given me a new lease on life,” said Hatton, adding that his win over Paulie Malignaggi last November showed his vast improvement under his new trainer.

“I proved in my last fight that I have a much better jab, a stronger punch and speed, too.”

Source: inquirer.net

No comments: