Home | Manny Pacquiao vs Ricky Hatton News | Pacman vs Hitman Videos | Pacquiao vs Hatton Pictures


Monday, March 9, 2009

Hatton admits Pacquiao is his favorite

Ricky Hatton is not shy to admit that he is a big fan of Manny Pacquiao, whose fights kept the brash Briton staying up late until the early hours many times in the past.

"Manny Pacquiao is one of the all time great fighters, period. No doubt about it. I am his biggest fan. I watch all Manny’s fights and I have stayed up many times until the early hours to watch him. He is one of my absolute favorites," Hatton told the Bulletin in a recent interview that was made possible by sportswriter Niall Hickman of the Daily Express.

(Hickmann helped in writing the book Ricky Hatton: The Hitman ¾ My Story that was released in Sept. 2006).

While Hatton acknowledges that he could even head a Pacquiao fan club, the 30-year-old from Manchester said "that doesn’t mean to say I am not going to beat him."

"I am in the ring to do a job and that job is to beat Manny at his own game," said Hatton, who collides with Pacquiao on May 2 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Hatton will lean heavily on his obvious advantage in size being a natural super-lightweight/junior-welterweight (140 lbs).

Pacquiao is making his debut at 140 lbs although in his last fight against Oscar De La Hoya it was fought at welterweight (147 lbs).

Still, Hatton is of the belief that at 140 lbs, he is invincible.

"My best fighting weight is 140 lbs and I can’t change that," said Hatton, whose only loss in 46 fights came against Floyd Mayweather Sr., at welterweight in late-2007.

Source: mb.com.ph

No comments: