Home | Manny Pacquiao vs Ricky Hatton News | Pacman vs Hitman Videos | Pacquiao vs Hatton Pictures


Wednesday, March 25, 2009

HATTON PLANS ALL-OUT ATTACK


Ricky Hatton plans to blow away Manny Pacquiao, the world's best pound-for-pound fighter, with an all-out attack when the pair meet in Las Vegas on May 2.

Hatton will fight the Filipino light-welterweight a year and a half after losing to Floyd Mayweather Jr at the same MGM Grand venue.

Both are aggressive fighters but Hatton is ready to unleash an early onslaught which he believes Pacquiao will be unable to cope with.

"Attack, attack and attack again. If you beat the pound-for-pound number one that is a statement," was the Mancunian's response when asked about his game plan.

"We are both very aggressive and both like to go forward but ultimately my size and power will be a factor.

"But it is not just a power thing, I'm working on my speed. I think they see me as a slow fighter and they will get a shock on the night just how fast I can be.

"I'll be keeping the same ferocity I have always had and when he feels my strength I don't think Manny will stand about.

"I think he will think he can out-box me like he did against Oscar De La Hoya (last year).

"He might come and have a go early on but with the greatest respect I don't think it would have been hard to out-box Oscar that night.

"If Manny thinks he can do the same to me I think he will come unstuck."

Hatton is delighted with the way his training has gone under Floyd Mayweather Sr and believes he is in much better shape than he was when he beat Paulie Malignaggi in November.

That was his first fight under the guidance of Mayweather, the father of the only man to beat Hatton in 46 contests.

"We are only halfway through the training camp, there are six weeks to go and I think a lot of fighters would be happy with my speed, sharpness and timing come fight night," added the 30-year-old Hatton.

"I'm happy with the stage I am at but I just know my boxing ability, combination punches, jabbing and head movement is going to get so much better.

"I have a nice balance now and the fight can't come quick enough."

Pacquiao has enlisted the services of Bolton's 2004 Olympic silver medallist Amir Khan as a sparring partner but Hatton dismissed the usefulness of that exercise.

Khan recently beat Marco Antonio Barrera but Hatton said the 22-year-old's style was too different to his.

"Amir has to think of his own career and if sparring with Manny improves him that is a good thing," said Hatton.

"But I will be putting pressure on Pacquiao and backing him to the ropes. Amir will be using his speed to move away.

"He (Pacquiao) is not fighting someone who is going to move away. Style-wise we are two completely different fighters and I can't see how that is going to benefit Manny in the slightest.

"I don't think that Amir, as fast as he is, is a good sparring partner."

Source: sportinglife.com

No comments: