Home | Manny Pacquiao vs Ricky Hatton News | Pacman vs Hitman Videos | Pacquiao vs Hatton Pictures


Monday, March 30, 2009

Hatton Heads To Vegas, Vows To Boss Pacquiao Around

Ricky Hatton has left for Las Vegas to finish up the remainder of his training camp with Floyd Mayweather Sr. Hatton says that he is in the best shape of his life for the upcoming May 2 showdown with Manny Pacquiao. He predicts that everyone will see a performance more impressive than his career defining win over Kostya Tszyu.

"I've still got five weeks to go and at a push I could be ready in a couple of weeks, so I have to be careful not to overdo it now. But I've got a fair few fights under my belt now and I've got a bit of experience so I can't see that happening, and I'm in perfect shape for training camp," Hatton said. "This is the best Ricky Hatton. It is even better than the Ricky Hatton that beat Kostya Tszyu and that's my best win to date so far in my career, so I think a lot of people are going to be surprised come fight night."

"The difference is I'm back using my head. I'm back using my jab, throwing combination punches as well along with my 100 mph body punching and my aggressiveness, which I suppose is what everyone has come to like about me. I've got a little bit more finesse and I'm thinking about what I'm doing instead of steaming in there and making it easy for my opponents so I'm better in every department now."

Hatton is still under the impression that Pacquiao is out his element by taking him on at junior welterweight. Even though Pacquiao beat Oscar De La Hoya at 147, Hatton believes that Pacquiao will not be strong enough, physically, to compete with him at 140.

"It's a tough fight, he's a southpaw, he's very, very quick, he's a decent puncher, but this is my division," Hatton added. "I've only lost one in 46 fights and that was up to welterweight, I won a world title at welterweight but it's clear it's not my natural division.

"I really think I'm the boss over my opponents with my size and strength and with my extra boxing ability now which, from what I've heard from the Pacquiao camp I don't think they've prepared for, they're going to be in for a shock."

Source: boxingscene.com

No comments: