Home | Manny Pacquiao vs Ricky Hatton News | Pacman vs Hitman Videos | Pacquiao vs Hatton Pictures


Monday, March 30, 2009

Pacquiao in for a shock – Hatton

Ricky Hatton, fully satisfied with his ongoing preparation, boasted that he’s ready to rumble with Manny Pacquiao in two weeks time.

Shortly before hopping on a Las Vegas-bound plane on Sunday, Hatton expressed to the UK media his pleasure over the progress of his preparation under Floyd Mayweather Sr., hinting of a breakthrough performance on May 2 at the MGM Grand.

“It’s the best shape I’ve ever been in this far out,” Hatton told Sky Sports, the network that will air his fight on English TV from Las Vegas.

“I’ve still got five weeks to go and at a push I could be ready in a couple of weeks, so I have to be careful not to overdo it now,” said Hatton, who is a 2-1 underdog against the Filipino pound-for-pound king.

“But I’ve got a fair few fights under my belt now and I’ve got a bit of experience so I can’t see that happening, and I’m in perfect shape for training camp. This is the best Ricky Hatton. It is even better than the Ricky Hatton that beat Kostya Tszyu and that’s my best win to date so far in my career, so I think a lot of people are going to be surprised come fight night.”

Hatton said Team Pacquiao will be in for a shock albeit his foe’s southpaw style, quickness and above-average power could pose problems.

“It’s a tough fight, he’s a southpaw, he’s very, very quick, he’s a decent puncher, but this is my division,” Hatton said.

“I’ve only lost one in 46 fights and that was up to welterweight, I won a world title at welterweight but it’s clear it’s not my natural division."

“I really think I’m the boss over my opponents with my size and strength and with my extra boxing ability now which, from what I’ve heard from the Pacquiao camp I don’t think they’ve prepared for, they’re going to be in for a shock,” he added.

Meanwhile, Pacquiao and Hatton are going to come face to face Monday (Tuesday in Manila) when the Los Angeles Times host a lunch for them and their respective handlers and promoters.

In the evening, Pacquiao and Hatton will meet anew at the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood for another event with celebrities in attendance.

Top Rank publicist Lee Samuels said Oscar nominee Mickey Rourke, a good friend of trainer Freddie Roach, will be on hand to welcome Pacquiao on the red carpet.

Top Rank chief Bob Arum said: “There’ll be plenty of celebrities present in the affair that starts at 7 p.m.”

Source: mb.com.ph

No comments: