Home | Manny Pacquiao vs Ricky Hatton News | Pacman vs Hitman Videos | Pacquiao vs Hatton Pictures


Thursday, March 19, 2009

Speed will shock Pacman - Hatton

Ricky Hatton says that Manny Pacquiao will not be prepared for his new-found speed when the pair go head-to-head in Las Vegas on May 2.

The duo will clash in a light-welterweight showdown at the MGM Grand with Hatton aiming to take Pacquiao's P4P crown. And as the Filipino is renowned for his quick feet which has earned him world titles at a host of weights, Hatton feels 'The Pacman' will be shocked at how much speed he has gained under new trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr.

He said: "Well, I strongly believe I would be as fast as Manny. And I think Floyd will probably agree with me, the way we've started off in the first couple of weeks. If I'm not as fast as Manny, I will only be the narrowest of margins behind him."

'The Hitman', who produced an impressive performance to defeat New Yorker Paulie Malignaggi in his first fight since splitting with former trainer Billy Graham, is hoping that Pacquiao will be lulled into a false sense of security ahead of the fight by watching clips of his old bouts.

He added: "My defence is a lot better, I'm picking up shots, I'm moving my head faster, I'm jabbing a bit more. And because Manny's probably watching videos of Ricky Hatton, all the videos that he's watching will be the old Ricky Hatton, and then when the new Ricky Hatton turns up, I think he's going to get a shock.

I think one thing that won't shock him is my strength and my size, which I think obviously if he's not preparing for it, he should be.


Source: clubcall.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hatton, kung ako sau mahi2ya ako sa mga cnasabi mo, alam mo bang madadagdagan nanaman ang loser mo?? at ung kay manny pacquaio, madadagdagan aman ang kanyang K.O. dahil ma22mba ka kay manny sa loob lamang ng 6 rounds, ang sa akin lng, pagkatapos ka pa2mbahin ni manny, sna i klaro nya sa mga pilipino na, ABS-CBN pa din ang pi2liin nya,, un lng salamat,